Friday, 16 January 2015

New Year, New Motivations, Newer Resolutions
Here's to 2015



I started this blog on an ambitious tone, with a long list of to dos to accomplish before the year ended. Well the year has ended (so has my maternity leave) and the to do list is only somewhat shortened. Here's a recap:
Cooking                                  

1)Apple Caramel Custard  Tart - Pending
2)Chocolate Mousse - Done
3)Chocolate Brownie - Done- need to revisit for better results
4)Perfect the Texas Sheet Cake Recipe - Replaced with mud cake - A TOTAL disaster
5)Nail the icing on Nathans Lemon Cake - Next on My List
6)Date and walnut cake on special request from inlaws - Done and Done - twice
7)Bake a Christmas Cake +  Ginger Bread = Chocolate Gingerbread Cake - Done - still need to write a post - This cake got over almost faster than it was baked so no pictures - made two versions 

Photography
1)Try Back button Focusing - Done
2)Understand light better - experiment - Done - Post Coming Up
3)Exposure Compensation Learn to Correct - Done Post Coming Up
4)Find the prime lense's sweet spot - Pending
5)Capture detail of the eye - Tried and Failed
6)Take Pictures of  a Water Drop – Learn to play with shutter speed - Pending
 Looking at the list of items struck off, I'd say i've fared poorly given that I had 15 extra days in 2015 to accomplish the above mentioned tasks. But I tend to look on the brighter side of things and honestly am feeling quite proud of my self for getting over my fear of baking and trying out so many new recipes (including the strawberry chocochip cake that was not on the list) , taking good pictures of my food and even blogging about it !!!

I know, I know, I am full of myself but hey that's me :D. Shamelessly Smug.

Anyways since its a new year, I feel I need to create a new improvised list. And since my maternity leave has ended, I am not going to be too hard on myself and will this time give myself the entire "Q4" (this is what getting back to work does to you ;P) to accomplish this list of things :

1.GET BACK TO WORK - STOP MOPING AROUND - get over Working Mom's Guilt - Make a smooth, happy transition to get back to full time work - I know Easier Said than Done!! Right?

2.ORGANIZE PHOTOES - Get Albums Made - I have I don't know how many GBs in photographs in my old laptop :-O

3.PROJECT NURSERY - Get that Window Seat made and those oh so cute cushions :)

4.LEARN HOW TO DRIVE- ARE U SHOCKED?? Me too :P. This has been my new year resolution since 2004. I know, I am hopeless.

5.PLAN THE NEXT TRIP :D Yay!! - Post about old ones - Travel is my bliss!! Sigh!

6.GET BACK IN SHAPE- So far I have been solely concentrating on my biceps (thanks to all the baby toting). Also I jog my baby to sleep instead of rocking him to sleep. Results could be better :(

7.BAKING:
a) Carrot Cake
b) Mud Cake - RETRY
c) Try Savoury Stuff - a Quiche will be a good place to start
d) Apple Cake
e) Banana Bread
f) Try Cupcakes
g) Vanilla cake with strawberry cream frosting
h) Pineapple Upside Down Cake
I) Other pending stuff from previous list

8.PHOTOGRAPHY - Finish all pending stuff

9.ONE NEW BLOG POST EACH WEEK - Must Do

I think that's a lot even for Q4. Rest we'll go with the flow.

There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky, and you ask 'what if i fall?' oh but my darling, what if you fly?"
{erin hanson}


Hope you guys will continue to follow my journey of self exploration :) which might lead to some self discovery :O :P.....



8 comments:

  1. Good going.. m loving all the cakes pics that you have uploaded.. makes me hungry every time.. :D
    but surely you are doing awsum at baking...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Shweta... Mwwaaahhh. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey can u tell me how did you add the sharing link under each blog.. m not able to get through it somehow... :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know. Its there on its own. When im trying to share this post.Ur profile pic is coming :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great going Somya.. Love the bakes and the blog too :D. Look fwd to more :)

    ReplyDelete