BACK WITH A BANG:
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake
So its taken me a while to get back to baking after my mud cake fiasco :(. But my recent tryst with the oven had me smiling ear to ear with luscious strawberries and chocolate smeared all over my face :D.
This is a summery cake recipe but boy did it uplift my mood in these dreary Delhi winters. Not only is this cake delicious and fresh, it is also pretty light in terms of calories (compared to other cakes of course ;)). Just one egg and three table spoons of butter. IMAGINE !!
Follow the link below for the recipe:
http://juliasalbum.com/2014/06/strawberry-chocolate-chip-cake/
Here are a few changes I made:
1) Okay there were no chocolate chips in the store, so I chopped up some milk chocolate .Chocolate chips or no chocolate chips, I just had to bake something, coz the end of my maternity leave inching closer was depressing me :( .
2) NO Vanilla Extract - I thought I had some in the kitchen :(
Other than the above mentioned changes I stuck to the recipe to the tee and voila .... a fresh summery strawberry chocolate chip cake. Looked just like the recipe image :) and tasted airy, light and downright delicious.
Next time I am going to place a chocolate cube under every strawberry. Wicked Eh ? ;P.
Coming Up Next :
Want some warm gingerbread cake ??
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cake
So its taken me a while to get back to baking after my mud cake fiasco :(. But my recent tryst with the oven had me smiling ear to ear with luscious strawberries and chocolate smeared all over my face :D.
Follow the link below for the recipe:
http://juliasalbum.com/2014/06/strawberry-chocolate-chip-cake/
Here are a few changes I made:
1) Okay there were no chocolate chips in the store, so I chopped up some milk chocolate .Chocolate chips or no chocolate chips, I just had to bake something, coz the end of my maternity leave inching closer was depressing me :( .
2) NO Vanilla Extract - I thought I had some in the kitchen :(
Other than the above mentioned changes I stuck to the recipe to the tee and voila .... a fresh summery strawberry chocolate chip cake. Looked just like the recipe image :) and tasted airy, light and downright delicious.
Next time I am going to place a chocolate cube under every strawberry. Wicked Eh ? ;P.
Coming Up Next :
Want some warm gingerbread cake ??


No comments:
Post a Comment