Saturday, 28 February 2015

 

 
Chocolate Ginger Bread Cake
 

As the winter season is coming to an end I am attempting to try out all the luscious, warm, cinnamon laced desserts I usually crave. Gingerbread is one of them. For those people who have never tried it, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND it. Its just one of those foods that screams Christmas and one imagines having on  crisp winter evening with a steaming hot beverage. The chocolate versions is even more yummy.

Here's the recipe I tried:

http://www.food.com/recipe/chocolate-ginger-cake-486199


Few Observations :

1. I used grated ginger instead of ginger powder. Conversion charts recommend you use 4-6 teaspoons of grated ginger for every teaspoon of ginger powder the cake requires. I have an additional tip - squeeze juice of the grated ginger into the batter first then add the grate ginger strands to extract maximum flavor.

2. Instead of molasses, I used golden syrup as that was the only option available. 

3. And my chocolate obsession makes me add chocolate chunks to every cake these days.

The cake turned out great ; sticky, sweet, moist and the heat from the ginger adding an interesting dimension to the otherwise regular chocolate cinnamon cake. And add to that the large bits of dark chocolate - Ahh Christmassy Heaven :D 


 

PS: Today, I am making up for all the weeks I haven't posted anything. Coming up next, Banana Chunky Chocolate Cake Recipe!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment